Bell Rebates Available
Posted July 4, 2016 in Smartphones by Bell Blog Team 0
Bell and the Commissioner of Competition have reached a resolution to ongoing litigation concerning third-party charges on your Bell wireless account for Premium Text Message Programs. This resolution is reflected in a Consent Agreement (the “Agreement”), a copy of which can be accessed at www.ct-tc.gc.ca.
Under the Agreement, Bell has agreed to provide rebates to current and former customers for certain charges related to programs offered by Jesta/Jamster and Mobile Messenger between January 1, 2011, and August 31, 2013. Examples of the programs include Mobile Messenger’s “Mind Quiz” and “Pure Crush” Premium Text Message Programs.
Who is eligible for rebates?
- Current customers: Bell will automatically provide credits to current wireless service customers who were charged in respect of the following Premium Text Message Programs offered by Jesta/Jamster and/or Mobile Messenger during the above time periods.
- Former customers: Eligible former customers will be contacted by email (or letter if no email address is on file). If you receive such an email or letter and you believe the charges were unauthorized, you will have until November 25, 2016, to contact Bell through the online form to receive the rebate.
How much is the rebate?
- A credit equal to the total amounts each customer paid for interactions with Jesta/Jamster Short Code 65555 starting at $1.25 and up to a total maximum of $60.
- A credit equal to the total amounts each customer paid for interactions with Mobile Messenger Short Codes 22334, 22700, 23687, 56455, 74205 and 74656 starting at $1.25 and up to a total maximum of $30.
- Current wireless customers will receive a credit to their Bell wireless account and former customers will receive a cheque.
For more details or to claim a rebate, please visit www.bell.ca/rebatepsms
Leave a Reply